Answered Prayer
Saturday, August 11, 2007

Logo- PA Cyber Charter School

PSALM 37:3-7
"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him;
do not fret..."
On May 18th I wrote "'07-'08 Job Situation" next to this passage of scripture in my Bible. I had already been praying over the details of the request for three months at that point, and was beginning to feel a bit desperate. As the school year was coming to a close, and my colleagues were beginning to discuss their teaching plans for the upcoming year, I held firmly onto this passage, and any verse for that matter, that reminded me of the promises of God. I needed each one of them, because I was asking for quite a lot.
This past year I worked full-time...and had a baby. I didn't find that the two of them- for me- fit together quite as well as I had expected or hoped. I missed my boy. A lot. So, I determined that somehow, some way, the next year I was going to be a stay-at-home-mom...and still bring in a decent salary and full benefits. See? It does sound like sort-of a tall order, huh? But, I did feel that "the justice of my cause" was pure and believed that God would make a way.
Over Spring Break that hope was confirmed when my father-in-law told me about The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School. As he explained what he knew about this unique institution, I felt something inside me flutter. This, I knew immediately, was from God. I went to their website right away- actually as my father-in-law was still speaking- and began the process and the prayers to make it a possibility for our family.
It's been six months since I began praying for that position, and three since, I feel, I fully handed it over to God. I hope that God feels that I waited patiently, because He did give me the desire of my heart. Yesterday I accepted a position with the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School that will allow me to be a stay-at-home mom, provide a great salary for our family, and equip us with the best benefits that we have ever had.
As I closed my phone after officially accepting the position, I raised my hands, and literally sang, (what I could manage through tears of appreciation and love) a new psalms of praise to our amazing and faithful God- "Lord, you are good/ Lord, you are good/ Lord, you are good to me!/
Thank you that my life is in your hands!"
- Leslie

This is the story of Jeremy and Leslie and their sweet baby Landon.

View our complete profile here